Hashtags have been big social media news this last week. But not everyone is jumping on board as fast as others. Will it really improve search capability? Does the average user care? What do you think?
Do you believe in Digital Darwinism?
The evolution of consumer behavior is evolving faster as society uses technology to communicate their wants and needs. Businesses need to make room for this ability to adapt.
How are you going to make sure not to become an extinct business? Start by dipping your virtual toes in social media. Then take these steps:
1. Grab URLS/Names quickly. You'll want your brand name to be unified across every social channel.
2. Listen. What are your competitors doing? Take note of the good, bad, ugly and innovative.
3. Ask yourself what you can offer. Who are you trying to appeal to? Why should they listen to you?
4. Start a blog. Break down all of the ways you can respond to #3 above and break them down into various easy-to-understand blogs. It'll set the stage for making you the authority in your space to build up your dedicated Tribe of followers.
5. Make a list. Who will you need to execute your social plans? You may need to start hiring to fulfill your social media goals sooner, rather than later.
This should keep you occupied for a while. Until next time...
~ Tracy, Royally Social
Royally Social - We believe business is social.